X41 Teams up With Medical Tribune to Check the Security of Medical Practices in Germany
X41 has teamed up with the Medical Tribune to have a look at the IT-security of an average medical doctor’s office. The initial results after two hours were as expected:
- The obvious Post-IT on the screen with a password
- Mails being read with Administrator privileges
- Default passwords on network equipment
- Cleartext passwords in files on the network drive
- E-Mails being received without TLS
- Free access to USB ports
We also analyzed some of the specialized medical software tools used in these environments, results will be published soon.
About X41 D-Sec GmbH
X41 D-Sec GmbH is an expert provider of application security services. Having extensive industry experience and expertise in information security enables X41’s strong core team of world-class experts to perform premium security services.
Fields of expertise in application security are security-centered code reviews, binary reverse engineering, and vulnerability discovery. Custom research and IT-security consulting and support services are core competencies of X41.